Thursday, September 24, 2009

Amusing when no one's looking




It always seems to happen that some of my best hair days and some of my most amusing stories come from days that had absolutely nothing going on. Today was a rehearsal before the recital thingy, which I'm only 76.34% embarrassed about, and that went pretty well. The highlight of the day was the super awesome service we got at the D'n'D in Tewksbury. It annoys me more than I can describe that it was refreshing to find a place where minimum wage people were actually nice and pleasant. I totally tipped way more than necessary just because.

Also picked up the neatest eyeshadow I've seen in ages -- looks just like crystal on the skin. So pretty, can't wait to rock it soon. (With photos!)

Have been nursing an unhealthy addiction to pop music of late, mostly because my own thoughts have been so dark (my brain is an unpleasant place to be sometimes) and I enjoy something that moves me in an up, happy way. It's hard to do that with metal or rock because I experience it viscerally and can't separate myself from the music. It's a pleasant little vacation from my brain, which is almost always working overtime, and I do so hate to work hard.

No comments: